Nau mai haere mai


This site provides information about the Wellington Justices of the Peace Association, the services provided by a Justice of the Peace, where and how to find one and other helpful information.

It is important to know that Justices of the Peace are volunteers who offer their services to the community. There is no charge for the services JPs perform.  

The most common function of a Justice of the Peace is certifying copies of documents. We can also witness signatures on documents, take statutory declarations and affidavits and complete Marriage Dissolutions.   

If you need a JP, you can visit one of the Service Desks we operate in Wellington, Porirua, Paraparaumu or Waikanae. These operate on a walk-in basis with no appointment needed. Click the Service Desk menu item above to see the location of our Service Desks and the times they are open. Marriage Dissolutions are not performed at Service Desks due to their complexity and time required.

Or you can use the button below to search for a Justice of the Peace near you and make an appointment to see them.